Mines is the fourth album from the Portland, Oregon-based band Menomena. It was released on July 27, 2010 by Barsuk Records, in North America, and City Slang, in Europe. The album was self-produced and recorded by the band. The title comes from the plural possessive word of "mine", and the cover art features a picture of a broken sculpture in the woods printed in stereogram.
The album debuted on the Billboard 200 chart at #96.
In April 2010, the band recruited Joe Haege, of fellow Portland bands Tu Fawning and 31knots, as a touring member.
In a July 2009 interview, Justin Harris said "Over the course of the last year, we've pushed deadlines back further and further, due to various reasons. We weren't all on the same writing page, necessarily."
The album was recorded in the same way they've worked on their previous albums, by jamming and recording hundreds of loops spontaneously, using their Deeler software, then piecing together the loops and adding vocals. About the process, Danny Seim added "We made big strides building skeletal song structures, and did a decent job collaborating as the ideas began to take shape. But just when a song became familiar to one of us, the other two members broke it apart again, breaking each others’ hearts along the way. We rerecorded, rebuilt, and ultimately resented each other. And believe it or not, we’re all proud of the results."
“Joshua is highly experienced in mine operations, engineering, strategic planning, business development and leadership ... Mortoti is a Mining and Mechanical Engineer with over 25 years’ experience in the mining industry ... Mortoti is the current President of the GhanaChamber of Mines, ...
“Oyu Tolgoi is an attractive tier one asset, and we remain highly focused on and optimistic about its transformation into one of the world’s great copper mines, positioning Oyu Tolgoi to become a high-grade, low-cost, large-scale producer with a long mine life.” ... COMMUNICATIONS NATURAL RESOURCES OTHER COMMUNICATIONS MINING/MINERALS.
Not to mention that the minerals required to make batteries for those all-important electric vehicles rely on child labor and diesel to mine. One EV battery requires mining 90,000 pounds of ore, and it takes the energy equivalent of 100 barrels of oil to produce a single battery that can only hold the equivalent of one.
World leaders will meet at the UN in New York later for more talks to save the world's oceans from overexploitation ...Environmental impact assessments would be carried out before allowing commercial activities like deep-sea mining to go ahead. Deep-sea mining is when minerals are taken from the sea bed that is 200m or more below the surface ... .
Santiago, Chile – Chile will seek to apply harsh sanctions on those responsible for a huge sinkhole near a copper mine in the country’s north, the mining minister said on Monday ...The Canadian firm owns 80% of the property, while the remaining 20% is in the hands of Japan’s Sumitomo Metal Mining Co Ltd and Sumitomo Corp.
In a news conference on Saturday, family members expressed frustration over what they called a slow response from the government after the El Pinabete mine in Sabinas flooded on August 3, trapping the miners inside, according to local media ... Rescuers were continuing to pump water from the mine.
On Thursday, the Attorney General’s Office announced that it will charge the owner of the collapsed mine with illegal mining, and a day later the president justified the slow pace of the rescue, saying “the shafts had a water depth of approximately 30 meters, so they ...
Brazil, the biggest country in South America, has passed a new bill to tokenize all gold mined in the country ...The bill intends to eliminate cases of illegal mining ravaging the country. Also, the bill is geared toward bringing clarity to the country’s mining industry.
That boiler was similar to the boilers and engines that were being deployed to Aspen’s mines to power the ore lifts, sawmills and other needs. In just a few months in 1886, the paper reported three mines adding boilers ... “Like all new and isolated mining camps, it is the strikes of rich ores in large quantities which gives it the start.
The Ghana Mineworkers’ Union says the government must increase its stake in the mining companies and create an enabling environment for the active participation of indigenous companies, the Ghana Mine Workers’ Union (GMWU) of the Trades Union Congress, has said.
It was PoW vs PoW; the miners could just mine whichever chain was more profitable ... Most of the mining pools mentioned on ethereumpow.org already mine ethereum classic (ETC) ... Presently, dozens of ethereum mining pools are seemingly mining ETH to the very end, as the crypto asset’s rise has made it quite valuable to do so.